I’m RICH!! No, I didn’t win the lottery or get a promotion at work, but my life is full of so many wonderful things that make me feel like the richest person in the world.
Every so often, I get a happy little email from Mark and Angel Hack Life. Most of their messages are gentle reminders that life is full of so many wonderful things, most things that we take for granted. I’ve been guilty of taking things for granted before, but haven’t we all?
Here’s part of Angel’s message from yesterday:
Even in times of uncertainty, it’s always important to keep things in perspective:
- You didn’t go to sleep hungry last night.
- You awoke this morning with a roof over your head.
- You had a choice of what clothes to wear.
- You haven’t feared for your life today.
- You often worry about what you’re going to do with your life – your career, your family, the next step, etc. – which means you have ambition, passion, drive, and the freedom to make your own decisions.
- You have a friend or relative who misses you and looks forward to your next visit.
- You are reasonably strong and healthy – if you got sick today, you could recover.
- You have access to food and clean drinking water.
- You have access to the Internet.
- You can read.
The truth is, you’re doing better than a lot of people in this world. Some might say YOU are rich, so remember to be grateful for all the things you do have.
I’ll admit it, I hate getting dressed in the mornings because I always feel like I have nothing to wear. There I am standing in front of my closet full of clothes complaining because nothing looks good that day. Shame on me. I should be more thankful. I am so blessed to have this life God has created for me. It’s not always rainbows and butterflies, but each day truly is a gift!
I hope each of you reading this has a wonderful Thanksgiving!